Sunday, October 5, 2008

What we have been up to lately!

It irks even me. The lack of blogging on my part that is. I know there are people around who are busier than me, but I just can't find time to sit down at my computer. Since there has been such a shortage of posts on my part lately, I thought I would just post some pics of what we have been up to.

Chad decided that he and I needed some bikes. I really can't remember the last time I rode a bike. Quite possibly elementary school, who knows. Anyway, Chad thought it would be cheap exercise so we also purchased this handy little baby carrier. Ben loves it and gets really angry when we walk through the garage and don't stop and take a spin around the neighborhood.

This is a picture that Max took of me on my new bike, lovely I know.
Side note: A person has to actually ride the bike to get exercise. It does not do much just sitting in the garage!

Max lost another tooth. Of course Uncle Bert helped this one come out. I am not sure what happened but it involved a door at church and some horsing around. Max was excited he got more money from the tooth fairy!
As many of you know, from reading Annie's blog, we had a little birthday party in Yukon for Max, Lily, and Cooper. This was after we had played four soccer games in Woodward that AM, drove to my grandmother's birthday party (she is 80 and going strong!) and then to the park for the kiddos. It was really great seeing family, even if it was a crazy weekend. I was also so excited to see my friend Paula, who I haven't seen in four years, but have been friends with for over 20! Her girls came to play with the kids and we loved catching up with her, her mother and sister. Next time we won't wait so long to get together!
Woodward's Homecoming was last weekend as well so we hit the parade Friday afternoon. The boys of course loved it and Sam is finally getting over his fear of loud noises!


Ben preferred to sit and wait and let the bigger kids just bring him candy!

The boys have been asking to decorate pumpkins, but my heart just hasn't been into it. I came across these pumpkin tattoos at WalMart and they were perfect. Fast, clean, and easy to do. The boys were satisfied and so was I.
These are just a few of the things we have been doing. I realized that I do not have any soccer pictures from this season do I will try to take some next weekend. Sam is doing really well, except he gets a bad attitude if he doesn't think things are going well. It makes me laugh, but I try to explain that there is more to the game than scoring all of the goals!
I will also have to admit that TV is taking up a little more of my time than usual. I am addicted to Dancing with the Stars. I also try to get in several other shows, thank goodness for DVR! I promise to make an effort to be a better blogger (notice the effort part and not the promise to do it for sure!)


6 comments:

Leslie said...

I was just thinking earlier today about getting our bikes out and going around the neighborhood, maybe tomorrow after school. Love seeing the kiddos in the boomer gear, that is precious. I didn't know they made stuff so small! And don't worry, you're not alone in the pittiful blogging, I stink at it too.

kortney said...

Thanks for the congrats. I love the carrier for Ben. I didn't know there was such a thing, Neely would like that. But that would mean getting our bikes out and well... they are in the shed with flat tires and covered in spider webs I'm sure.

The Garvie Family said...

I don't even own a bike and I'm really not sure if I would even remember what to do on one. Sounds like you guys had a busy week!!

The Combs Clan said...

Mandy! I think I should purchase a bike and we can make it a Briarwood exercise effort! The tattoo thing is such a good idea. I never did like the feeling of ickyness that pumpkin seeds and slime left on my hands. EWWW.

Kara said...

Love the bikes...we need to use ours more too. COry and Caden go on rides all the time, but I know I need the exercise. We are going to borrow Cory's sister's bike trailer when they go back to Albania!

Thanks for the pumpkin tatoo idea, we are going to get some today!!

Hilary said...

Looks like you have been busy. We enojoy riding bikes too. We can't go very far though, not really enough to get actual "exercise" because Hollace can't keep up. Still fun though.