Friday, August 15, 2008

Pathetic blogger

Yep, I know. I have been a horrible blogger lately. I don't really have that great of an excuse. I had to start back to school on Monday and even though it is now Friday I am still in a complete funk about it. I don't want to go back to work and nobody can make me be happy about it. Another reason that I do not have as much time is that I am completely addicted to the Olympics! I watch it every evening until it is over and then I sometimes watch some of the rerun from earlier! So needless to say I am exhausted all day but stay up late the next night watching again! I love the swimming, gymnastics, volleyball, basketball, diving, all of it (all I have heard about from Chad is that the "real" Olympics haven't even started yet, which is track for those of you who do not know Chad very well!).

Since it is Friday I thought I would post this little flashback photo. This was taken in 1983. My mothers hair is so dark (sorry about the picture quality) you almost can't see it and check out how skinny my dad is! I also love the fact that they squeezed us all into this picture and the only part of Katie that you see is her head!

7 comments:

Kara said...

I forgive you for not blogging! I too have been addicted to the Olympics, and also have Caden addicted! I love the pic of your family! Too cute!

Leslie said...

I totally feel your pain. I've been up till 2 or 3 am everynight watching the events (especially the gymnastics). Gregg and Chad are a lot alike it seems, Gregg even made a list of all the events that shouldn't be in the Olympics. It's just the funniest thing, seriously? ping-pong? Anyway, love the photo, I would love to have all the photos from when I was a kid, you girls are really lucky to have such a wonderful family!

Jillian said...

I love your flashback posts! It's kind of nostalgic for me since I remember you all best from these early years. I'm with you on the Olympics though...I have to sneak in some time during the evenings since my husband will only watch the wrestling and Judo matches. Don't work too hard!

The Garvie Family said...

First - I love the picture!! You guys look so cute!

Second - I'm sorry you had to start back to work!!! Next week will be better.

Third - Chad is sooo right...track is the "real" Olympics!!!

Unknown said...

I don't wanta go to school either. I want to stay home. But Les won't let me. And I want to spend money. I've been in a bad mood about it till, oh, about last night maybe!

Amanda said...

Hi Mandy! I'm totally feeling your "going back to school pain"! I start on Monday, yuck!! Love the flashback pic of your family! Too cute!

Leslie said...

TAG! Check my blog for a different sort of game of tag. It's your turn!